When a baby sees a ball, the baby may reach out for it. If the baby is very young, and you __1___the ball behind a pillow (枕头), then the ball ___2___ exists for the child. As the child grows older, the child will move the pillow to get the ball. Even though the child cannot see the ball, the ball still exists. This is an early example of “learning to see the __3___”.
Just about all of us have __4__, so we all think we can see. But, in __5__ we are all blind to probably 99% of the world. Because___6___ people realize this, few people make the attempt to learn more, in order to see more. Just like a child, what we don’t see doesn’t exist.
__7___, because most of us are blind to 99% of the world, we rely on others to give us the answers. We willingly allow doctors, lawyers, priests, and politicians to tell us what to do or think, but they take no responsibility when the results go wrong. Commercial television, radio, newspapers, and magazines are largely corporate owned, profit driven, and focus more on distraction and misinformation than on education. Yet, we continue reading, watching and listening to commercial media under the illusion that we are learning. Corporate (法人的) media is education with blinders. They only show you the __8__picture, and, in this way, they control public opinion. __9__ needs to turn to noncommercial television, radio, and Internet world news to get the big picture. Everyone needs to know more in order to ___10___ the political spin and lies.
1. A. put B. play C. find D. take
2. A. still B. no more C. no longer D. even
3. A. visible B. invisible C. ball D. child
4. A. ears B. noses C. balls D. eyes
5. A. return B. reality C. short D. case
6. A. many B. few C. some D. a lot of
7. A. Unfortunately B. actually C. fortunately D. strangely
8. A. big B. little C. clear D. new
9. A. Everyone B. Someone C. Anyone D. No one
10. A. see to B. look out C. see through D. look for
1. A 根据文章，把球“放”到枕头下，婴孩就认为没有球了。
2. C 因no longer意思是“不再”。其他选项逻辑不符。
3. B 上下文告诉我们，教育就是学习“未知的，看不见的”Education is learning to see the invisible.
4. D 眼睛才能“see”。
5. B 因in reality意思是“实际上，事实上”。in return是“作为回报”，in short是“简言之”，in case是“以防万一”。根据上下文，选B。
6. B 根据后句的排比，逻辑上应该选B。
7. A most of us are blind to 99% of the world是一件不幸的事。
8. B 根据Corporate (法人的) media is education with blinders. They only …和and Internet world news to get the big picture.的对应关系，应该选little。
9. A 下一句的排比可以帮助我们作出判断。
10. C 因see through是“看清，了解”，因为作者建议我们turn to noncommercial media for more information。 http://zzy.china-b.com/